Saturday, March 27, 2010

So Proud







Grant and Ted shaved their heads today for St. Baldrick's again! I was so proud of Grant he was amazing and had such a great attitude. We looked at the website this morning and read about the children he was helping. It was sad, but it really affected him. My boys look so handsome bald! I really can't tell you how very proud I am of Grant. He is only 5 years old and this is his third year of shaving his head for St. Baldrick's. Ted has done it for about 5 years I think. Derek Watts is an officer and friend of ours who works at OPS with Ted and he has done it every year with the boys. After the event we went to out for pizza to celebrate. Kelly and Lucas came with Avery and Deacon. Our friends Brock and Becky came to the event. Ted's Mom, Arline, came to the event and out to eat with us. It was great to have everybody there with such late notice. Kelly and Lucas came back to the house after supper tonight. We love hanging out. We usually try to get together every week sometime. We miss Mike and Kara and the kids though. Avery and Grant are always building something in the basement. We joked that they are going to bring the lawn mower engine up and ask if they could use it for their "project". Tonight they only asked for material, cotton balls, paper, a stapler, markers, plastic Easter eggs and candy. I'm sure when I go downstairs to clean up I'll have a good laugh again, like usual. Deacon and Jake share the exact same personality and were hilariously fighting over the potty chair and running around with no pants on most of the night! We always laugh so hard. It was a good day. Tomorrow is Palm Sunday and I am remembering how fun it was growing up as a child in the church back home on Palm Sunday's. We always got to take home our own Palm branches and it seemed so fun back then. I hope our new church lets the kids have Palm branches so they can enjoy them like I did :-)

No comments:

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...