Friday, March 12, 2010

Stoicism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The following is not a mistake. I am not stoic, nor do I agree with it or will I teach the boys to be stoic. I will leave stoicism to those who wish to die early of massive heart attacks, suffer from high blood pressure, or drive themselves or the world around them crazy due to their lack of emotional response. Still bitter, come back later when I am over my bad mood, warning: it may take a few days.

Stoicism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: "The word 'stoic' commonly refers to someone indifferent to pain, pleasure, grief, or joy. The modern usage as 'person who represses feelings or endures patiently' was first cited in 1579 as a noun, and 1596 as an adjective.[30] In contrast to the term 'epicurean', the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy's entry on Stoicism notes, 'the sense of the English adjective ‘stoical’ is not utterly misleading with regard to its philosophical origins.'[31]
Stoicism is also enjoying a recent revival, with various online communities and groups on social networking websites such as Facebook."


NEXT WORD: EVALGELISM:

No comments:

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...