Monday, March 29, 2010

Powerful day

Have you ever been sick and you didn't know why you felt so terrible day after day, and you said to yourself,
"At this point I don't care what it is I just want to know something so I can do something about it!?
I felt like the life I had been living lately was "sick" and I felt terrible day after day and I just wanted to know why. I had my theories and I blamed a whole lot of people, but in the end I figured out the "diagnosis". I am not happy to know my affliction but, am so happy to simply have an answer so that I may move on.
I play the victim too much.
I dwell on the bad too much.
I don't forgive enough.
I hold grudges.
I preach.
I don't support my husband enough.
I don't realize how blessed I am.
I don't connect with the people I love enough.
I lash out instead of look inward.
I assume I know what people are thinking.
I don't ask others about how they are doing.
I suddenly have become aware of these faults. For the first time in my life I wasn't insulted when they were brought to my attention. I am now aware enough to fix them to the best of my ability. I feel like I have a fresh start. I love that I have this sudden ability to accept my faults and move on knowing that they can be fixed. I don't know how it is working, but I'm going to run with it for now.

2 comments:

Ted said...

I love you babe

Joanna Reinhardt-Anderson said...

I love you too so much. I'm going to open my blog back up right now, but I'm nervous. I don't want to hurt anyone. Is there anything hurtfull to anyone here?

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...