Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blessings Birthday




I had my radical hysterectomy 1 year ago today. The pictures above were taken the day I got home from the hospital. The boys were hanging easter eggs on our lilac bush at our other house. I remember how excited I was to be home and I was able to go outside for a bit and help.
Today I spent the day with great people. I got an e-mail from a great friend. I ate too much good food. I didn't have a migraine. It was too hot today though! Mom was laughing at me because ever since my surgery I am always hot (hot flashes)! I had my head hanging out of the car like a dog today when she was driving because I was so hot. She told Grant that his Mommy was dramatic. He said, "I know." I turned around to see him in his booster seat with his shirt pulled up to his neck and half hanging out of the window too! Ha! You too little turkey! Like you have room to talk you little scab picker! Don't worry though, Aunt Kara will still be your friend when you are the scab-picker in 7th grade. Long-story...she will get it. By the way Grant heard me say that I wasn't going to write anymore and he told me that he would be sad if I didn't write because he likes to hear the stories I read to him. (I read bits and pieces of my blog and other things I write. And for those who are concerned...I only read things that are appropriate for a five year old :-P ) He also told me today that he thinks I am a good runner and wants to go running with me. He rode in the running stroller the other day and cheered me on the whole way. Although tonight he told me that he thinks I hate him when I told him it was time for bed so maybe he isn't a valid source :-)

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Wow already a year! happy birthday to you, so glad you are here another year with us!!!

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...