Saturday, March 20, 2010

Grants gonna bite mines faces offs! MOOOOOOOOOOOM!


Tonight Ted and I had been given the always rare opportunity to go out to eat and spend the evening together while Rick and Arline kept the Boys. We had plenty of time and I think the best part about the whole thing was how free and laid back we were able to be the whole evening. When we went to pick up the boys tonight I could tell that Grant was in a "special" kind of mood. Arline had told him at least 6 times to clean up his mess and I knew he wanted to spend the night there tonight. I had brought over a bag for him if I had decided I was going to let him stay. After the first two times he ignored her request I decided I would give him one more chance to save himself so Arline asked again and he still didn't listen. At that point I had made my decision and he would be bringing his "special" self home with his "special" Mom who can see when we are at that point when we need to have time alone and recombobulate from our discombobulation! He gets me, even if you don't. So in the car ride home Grant decided to growl, lunge over at Jake, and yell "I'm going to bite your face off Jake!"
This was followed with the loudest most piercing and irritating scream;
"NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAANNNNTTTT UUUUU NNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnoooooooooo DDDOOOOOOO DDDATTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

"Jake?"
"NOGRAANNTTTT!"
"Jake!"
"STOOOOOOPPPGANNTTT!"
"JAKE!"
JAAAKKKEEE!!!!! ??"
"What mommy?"
"What is wrong?" I finally have a chance to ask
"Grant he says he says he going ta eats mys face!
"Yeah I'm going to eat his face *smirk*. Replies Mr. antagonistic Jr.
"Jake, so do YOU think that Grant could eat your face?
"No! (Smile and cute little head tilted to the side)" he whimpered
"Then why are you screaming?" I ask.
"I noteno (I don't know)? he cheerfully quips as he has moved on to bigger and better things while the rest of us try and get our ears to function properly again.

Next Story:
Grant's Glass
Grant was in a really bad mood on Friday morning for some reason so I pulled out a glass and filled it half full with water. It was the first time I had ever done it with him. He has always has such a great positive attitude until recently. I was curious so I put the glass in front of him and asked, "Grant is this glass half-empty or half-full? He said "ummm, I just don't like water Mom."
There that is my perfect description of Grant's personality. It is neither good nor bad it just is what it is...

No comments:

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...