Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's the WEEKEND!

Today is our weekend. Ted has today and tomorrow off. We are all busy right? Different busy, but busy. Today Grant has his six month cleaning at the dentist, Jake has parent tot swimming, I had to rent a tiller and I hate having to do it but I just bucked up and called the rental place and did it. I hate having to borrow equipment to do things for myself, I always have... I think I will start a tiller fund. I'll take about $15 out of each paycheck and put it aside until I can afford one for myself. I want one that can bust through hard clay soil. Our ground at the new place has mostly clay in the soil. I am going to have to work with it to make make my garden prosper, but it will be a fun challenge. Planting season here was this week, so I really wanted to get my garden in this week. Mom's will be next week-ish and on up north it will follow. I am tilling a 45 foot by 30 foot area here at our temporary home in a clearing where the previous owners had a smaller garden. It's ambitious, but nothing more than I have done before. I rock at vegetable gardening. I am going to have to work with some erosion prevention due to the slope. I can handle it. I love the feel of digging up the earth with a giant machine and seeing the fresh dirt turn over on the ground. It's like a fresh start...a new beginning. It is ready for new life.
We have the tiller for 4 hours this afternoon. After swimming lessons I am headed to the store to get some materials for the kids to work on a little garden bed of their own close by-----but far enough away that Daddy can keep them safe. I'll take pictures when we are done.
By lifting class tonight I think I'll be spent. Come to think of it, it is 9:18am and I already feel spent. I think I'll try that drink from McDonald's Kelly was telling me about. A Mocha Frapacchino? I think that was it.

5 comments:

Tonya said...

The new house we just bought has a section for a vegetable garden. I might be calling and asking for help. I've never done one before and I am so excited about getting started :)

Joanna Reinhardt-Anderson said...

CONGRAGUMALATIONS! You are blessed! I am so happy that you can finally have a chance to land.

Anonymous said...

You should make Mike pay for the tiller rental since he is the one who took yours up here. Oops...

Kelly said...

Mocha Frappe from McD's, Mocha Frappucino from Starbucks. I don't let myself have them too much, but occasionally, I'll say, suck it calories, I'm tired. I need a boost.

Penguin said...

WOW thats a big _____ garden!!!

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...