Monday, April 29, 2013

This Loss is More Than Words Will Ever Be Able to Help you Understand

Dear Boys,
 I hope you always remember your Grammie Big! I found a letter today to share with you. My special relationship with both Grandma and Grandpa made up a huge part of who I am today.

Dear Turtle,
From Day one you've had your own place in my heart and I hope I've let you know how special you are to me. If you aren't feeling well or something is bothering you- I can always tell. You brighten my day with your presence or with a call on the telephone- makes my day even brighter. When you were little, how I looked forward to you coming home from school and always bubbling over how your day had been. You were always considerate of others and especially if you thought someone was treated unfairly by others. You have never wanted to do anything to not please anyone. You are such a great mother. I love to watch you interact with your boys. You treat both of them as they are their own special person and you explain things to them. I love your love and respect for God, church and your faith. I am so glad you have high moral standards. I always feel so welcome and comfortable at your house. You did a great job of finding a husband who has your moral standards. You and your family are all so special to me and I love you all dearly. "Joanna" is a beautiful name, but I agree with Grandpa who called you "Turtle". You will always be my Little Turtle!
With Love to the Moon and back-
Grandma


I will write more soon but I must finish this semester of school so that I can give my stories of Grandma Melton in the best way possible.

All my love, 
Mom

No comments:

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...