Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday


Fear not those who argue but those who dodge.
Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach




"You have achieved success if you have lived well, laughed often and loved much." - Author Unknown




The female knot-tying weaverbird will refuse to mate with a male who has built a shoddy nest. If spurned, the male must take the nest apart and completely rebuild it in order to win the affections of the female.



(I posted the title of this blog as Thursday because I noticed that I wrote it and forgot to post it on Thursday and now it is Friday so the date posted will probably be wrong...I don't know.)

Today Ted is working from 7am-3pm and then he goes back to work at 9pm-11pm. Jake had swimming lessons (I didn't say we actually went :-) and tonight Grant and I have tickets to the cirque viola at WIU Western Hall. Mom is coming to watch Jake the Insane. I had to choose to miss wt. lifting tonight or to go to this event with Grant. While most mothers would not hesitate to spend a moment with their child, I spend all of my moments with them, so I really look forward to my wt. lifting class. But, Grant loves those Cirque shows. I hadn't even said the full name of the event before he was screaming and jumping up and down, "I want to go Mommy, I want to go! Can we go?" I could really see Grant being a high flying acrobatic tight rope walker or trapeze artist.





The water here is turning orange again and smells like metals of some kind. I called the calligan man to come and talk with me about some options because I am really annoyed by it all. I think what really set me off finally was when I filled some old milk jug with water from outside, (and yes I let it run for awhile before hand), and let the water sit for a day. When I came back today to water the plants with it, it was orange and there was a thick layer of rust looking sediment on the bottom of the jug. AHHHH! Grant told me today that he was going to fill up a bucket and Jake and him were going to get inside and swim in it. I was thinking about how we can't even fill a kiddy pool with water because of how nasty the water is. I hope it doesn't kill the houseplants I watered with it. The boys dumped all my collected rainwater into a fish tank to make "STAR WARS JUICE" and then dared each other to drink it. So I had to use the well water to water the house plants. I used to complain about the water back on the farm at home. I laugh at that now. I would drink that in a second compared to this. I could stand bad taste, and maybe even bad smell, but I draw the line at sediment. Our new washer is already stained. Our clothes look terrible. I gave up showering at home and shower at the YMCA. I give the boys showers after swimming lessons on their 2 days a week and then when they get really dirty I give them baby wipe baths!






No comments:

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...