Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How'd you like that garden







That's right, I got my tillin' on. How'd you like that garden? You should have seen the size of this tiller. I think my wrists are swollen. It was a beast! One time I saw an FS worker drive by slowly and he waved and then did a quick double take...like he was thinking, no way that gal is really doing that?! Or maybe he was thinking, man that dude really looks like a girl! Anyway, it's done, now. I didn't get anything planted and Jake was taking a nap while I was tilling, so him and Grant didn't work on their patch. Grant watched National Geographic Kids online again and worked on his writing. He made me laugh because I really had no idea what he was was doing when I was tilling I was just hoping he wasn't burning the house down. When I came inside he said "Mom, I did all of the writing in this book, but I didn't do any of the math because I'm kind- of sick of that, is that ok?" And then he handed me one of those K-1st grade workbooks that parents are suppose to do with them! I was shocked. Funny how expectations go.

I drank one of those Mocha drinks from McDonald's before wt. class and rocked that out too! If I hadn't I'm pretty sure my heart wold have stopped. Ok.... a little exaggeration...

I ended up watching a whole lot of TV last night after class because movement via cleaning, dishes, laundry, fishing things out of the toilet, and trying to find all of my stolen make-up again just wasn't gonna happen. I was thinking of Kelly and how she is rocking out 10 and 11 miles lately. I am so proud of her. I miss that feeling. It hurts so good to finish such a challenging experience like that. I know Beth is running on her lunch break when she can get a chance, which I also think is pretty insanely difficult when you are working. When do you eat... while you run? I know how it goes though, you have to find a way or it never gets in there. We can always find a way to do what we love, right anonymous? I'm pretty sure you reminded me of that during one of my complaining rants. See, I pay attention!
Well, today Ted has to go testify at court for work today. Grant has swimming lessons. I am going to actually plant things in the garden and figure out a way to keep all of the deer and critters out of the garden. Time for another dose of caffeine.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

holy monstrous garden girl. I am a little jealous of the size and all the yummy healthy food you will be able to grow. I can't wait to start mine...

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...