Friday, April 30, 2010

Fix the toliet- go on a date












I was fixing the toilet tonight when I decided that I wanted Ted to take a picture so that I could someday show my grandkids that I wasn't just a housewife and a stay-at-home Mom, I was a teacher, car mechanic, plumber, engineer, baker, professional cleaner, juggler, circus performer, taxi driver, banker, doctor, inventor, psychologist, surgeon, vet, professional mover, appliance repair service, physicist, minister, acrobat, researcher, communication expert, hostage negotiator, and so many more. The concept made me laugh so much that I think I came up with my first children's book idea. Don't steal my idea or I will become a lawyer too! :-) Anyway, The toilet is working fine as are the many other things I have fixed lately. I'm actually proud of myself. I think being "dependent" might be having someone else come fix it and then calling someone else to pay for it even though it is ours. (Well, not really...but you get the idea). Just in case anyone else would like to call me "dependent". SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
Mom came into town today and she offered to take the boys overnight so I got right to work on projects. Ted woke up and thought it would be a great idea to go on a date. We would have no time restrictions on our meal. So, I went from plumber to a girly-girl. I included pictures so that you can all laugh at me too. J/K I thought I cleaned up well. We went to Vitale's and I really had a wonderful time with just my Ted. For the first time in a long time he talked the whole time! I loved just listening to him talk. He has such integrity and control. I'm sure there are no questions as to why God put Mr. calm, cool and collected, yet stubborn, gentleman who sometimes struggles to say how he feels, with Mrs. wild, high-strung, opinionated, passionate, yet stubborn woman who sometimes struggles with not saying how she feels! Ahhhh what a leveling out we do. He told me all about work and EMS and he was so pleasant and I realized how much I am still IN LOVE with him. Not that I was anticipating otherwise. Loving someone and really feeling that warmth of being in love are two different things and I am so happy to be able to say that I am still in love with my husband after 10 years.
Well, my computer time has to be up for now or I won't get anything done.
Prayers for my sister-in-law who is feeling yucky please.
Prayers for Connor who is still sick and Brenda his Mommy who has one thing after another lately and needs something to give.
Prayers that I learn to stop telling everyone to "SUCK-IT" :-)
Sorry, I am in a weird mood. (Although that is really true...I need to stop that!) Kind-of feels good though like when you hold your breath for a long time and finally take a fresh one. Oh, if only I would someday grow up before my children pass me in maturity.....





Ted had to go back to work tonight at 9pm so it's just me and my vicious dog! I think I'll clean until I fall over. If I need stuff I can actually go to the store. I should do it. It seems so odd to me to be able to go this late at night, usually the kids won't let me leave them around bedtime so if we ever need anything, it is a Ted job, but I do need light bulbs.

No comments:

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...