Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cracked me up

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."
Eleanor Roosevelt

I know this quote has nothing to do with today's entry but I really liked it so, I posted it anyway. I have always felt so strongly about this and had never really found a quote from someone I thought was worthy quoting. It is such a pet peeve of mine when I get around people and all they talk about is superficial politics, events, sports, etc. ONLY, and never anything deeper than that, and if you start to take the conversation deeper to the ideas behind it all they retreat like a dog with its tail between its legs! Opps, my small mind is discussing people :-) I will continue to use my small mind throughout this blog entry... he he. (I only wrote that to those of you who are hypercritical and will notice that I am about to talk mostly about people today and not about ideas. Thankfully I mostly talk about ideas in my life so I'm free from that judgement... *Jo's favorite statement*)
Off to other topics now:
1) Beth had an interview on Friday and I hope it went well. I haven't had a chance to talk to her yet, so please think about her.
2) Faith learned to ride her bike without the training wheels!
3) My oldest nephew Lucas texted me the other day out of the blue for no reason other than to say what's up! He is so sweet!
4) Connor, Brenda's youngest is having problems with his kidney and so he is going to do back again for another test in Peoria in May. Pray he doesn't get another infection before he gets there.
I wish I had other news, but to be honest, I suck. I haven't called Kara, Kelly, Beth, Amber or anyone to get updates on how everyone is doing.
THANK YOU MOM!!!!!!! Today I cleaned the kitchen. I washed all of the dishes, I did all of the laundry, (even folded and put it away!). I cleaned the boys bathroom and the front entryway. I gathered and took out all of the garbage. I made a meal other than sandwiches. I went through the boys clothes and pulled out all of the clothes that didn't fit and were the wrong season. I even straightened up their drawers. The only reason I was able to do any of these things was because Mom had the WIU accountancy award banquet on Friday night and since she stayed so late at it she decided to spend the night here rather than drive back home. That meant that she was able to be here until after lunch today. Ted got up at lunchtime and then ate with us and she had to get home after that so she left shortly thereafter. I was able to get so much done. Never underestimate the power of childcare willing to watch your children when you need them to and not only when they feel like it. Tonight before bed Ted has been cleaning our room and vacuuming. I think he has the cleaning bug too. Jake is still awake and it is 10:30pm. We are wondering if he is either getting sick or if he is just evil.
I was up late one night do laundry recently and I saw a woman comedian and I thought she was hilarious. I have never seen or heard of her before so I am including a link to some of her bits on comedy central. I know I have said this before, and I know I laugh at pretty much anything, but you have to see this it is soooooooooooooo stinkin' funny. I want to hang out with her she is so awesome!
Oh, I also got an Ipod alarm clock docking station in the mail yesterday and I love, love, love, love, love, love it! Thank you so much Ted. I always wanted my life to have a soundtrack, this is so cool. The kids love the music and I find that it cheers me up and motivates me. I'm pretty sure he did it because he couldn't stand me walking around the house with my Ipod on singing at the top of my lungs, (I can't sing)! If I am blasting the music, he can at least drown out some of my bad singing! :-)
Here is the link to that comedian:
http://comedians.jokes.com/iliza-shlesinger/videos
Make sure you watch all 12 of the videos. The last one is crude but worth it!
If you become obsessed with her like I have... he is another site to see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Eliwhnu5g&feature=related

No comments:

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...