Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Coward says what?

I really did intend to take the boys to swimming lessons this morning....really I did. 
Then, I was ready and prepared to sincerely present myself to the woman on the school board... 
OK I am such a liar. I am a coward. I decided to get a mocha frappe and do laundry at Arline's because our water is orange again. I also went and talked with the builder. I wanted to feel like our dream wasn't in the crapper. Mr. Patch is such a great guy and not just a builder. He is a compassionate man. He is patiently waiting, as are we, for the next move we are allowed to take. I'm so glad that the School Boards see our livelihood as a joke. NO really, take your time... my five year old will totally understand that he has to start kindergarten at one school and then potentially move to another school. So kind of you to put your decisions of our child's education on the agenda for another meeting. Lawyer fees add up! I never have liked to have my life in the hands of someone who I knew could care less about me and my family as much as they did our money. When our lawyer fees are more, we have less money for building the home. If the builders don't get the money when they need it, then we run out of time and money to get a loan! It's a cascade of thoughtlessness and inability to feel empathy. We started this in November. We weren't stalling. Currently, I am finding it interesting that the building part of this venture is the least stressful part. Currently, the school boards and the districts political greed is what is causing the most grief! 
Draft written on 4/27/2010


3 comments:

Kelly said...

Dude, I'm so glad you came around to the mocha frappes. Now Lucas can rip on you, too. He doesn't know what he's missing! Let's try to get together this weekend, girl. It's been too long!

Joanna Reinhardt-Anderson said...

OK! How's 5:30pm on Sat.? Ted wrote it on our calender...did ya'all talk about it? Anyhoo- your place or ours?

Kelly said...

5:30 Sat it is! We can come to Macomb. There's more to do there :) Need us to bring anything? We'll see you then!

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...