Friday, July 2, 2010

Fresh Groomed and Psychotic


Today Grant, Jake and I all finally got our hair cut. I decided to take Jake to get his hair cut at the barber while Ted cut Grant's hair at home. Jake has my hair and Grant has Ted's hair so we have to go about the grooming very differently. Jake sat in the barbers chair, eating sundrops (M&M's without food dyes), and saying, "I wike it, uh-huh, I wike it, yep, I wike it, Mommy- you wike it, huh? You wike it too?" Afterwards I went down the street to see when they could get me in to turn my man unibrow into a couple of female eyebrows and to get a haircut so I could see if any of it was worth saving and not shaving all off! I was almost certain when I got home that Ted would have had Grants head shaved down to a 1 by then. I walked Jake down the back deck steps so he could show off his hair, I then saw a grouchy Grant and even more grouchy Daddy. His Mohawk was gone but it looked terrible. So, I took teary-eyed mc-chocolate face and tried to deal with him myself. Grant whined the whole time about losing his Mohawk and it hurt because it "tickled." I decided that I didn't want to have to do this again anytime soon so I took it down even shorter and trimmed around the ears, sideburns, back of his neck, and the top of his back-(hairy monkey like his Daddy). I finally got his mood to improve by re-routing his thoughts, which I consider myself to be an expert at doing. I started to talk about how he is turning into a ware wolf-something he is almost certain of- seriously- just roll with it b/c he is five. He starts talking about his two sharp teeth (that we all have), how hairy he is (just like his father), how he sees really well in the dark, how fast he is, etc, etc. Then we were done and I was thanking God it was all over.

It was my turn to turn my unidentifiable gendered hair and eyebrows into a hopefully attractive change. I was so happy with the gal who cuts my hair and shapes my eyebrows, I told her I could kiss her. I can't remember the last time I looked into the mirror and felt like I liked what I saw and she made it happen in 20 minutes! She washed, cut, dried, and styled and changed how I felt about myself in such a quick amount of time. WOW! Living in a home full of boys who will grow into men leaves very little room for me to be a girl/woman/female... I would love to know how to do it all in a matter of five minutes a day. I'm sure it will get better when they get older and I am not still taking care of their very basic needs as well as trying to fit mine in also. I always toss mine out due to the sake of time.



So this Coast-to-Coast Biathlon I had spoken of previously requires that Ted and I both do our own amounts of 100 miles running and 200 miles biking before August 9th. It's tough. The boys could easily end up going to the YMCA nursery 2x a day/5 days a week if we are going to get our classes and all of the coast to coast done. Yeah, what was I thinking? I think I was hoping I could find an awesome friend who wanted to watch the boys for us during those times that we felt great about having them as influences on our children while we chose to be so selfish in our endeavours. Yet, oddly enough, all of my friends live 40-60 minutes away. I recently did find a very cool Yoga instructor with children my children's age and her husband loves to run. She wants to get together for diner some night to let the kids play and hang out since we have so much in common. I'm always so sure that people will meet us and then either get bored by us or overwhelmed by us...oh, well...their loss. "We are a lot of fun !" Right Grant! -That is what I told Grant to tell kids as school who said they didn't want to play with him. He had to smile and walk away like he had a great idea for a fun plan in his head though to make the diss work!



K-Enough tonight. I need to get ready for the frog jumping contest tomorrow. Watch out SIDNEY and SABRINA DAVIS!! GRANT and JAKE ANDERSON are coming to....to....make that frog....um... jump....fast....oh and by not even stepping on theirs this year!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

I love your writing.

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...