Wednesday, June 30, 2010

So maybe ya'all didn't know how cool my ma can be :
"Your Dad and I both had less then optimal days. I didn't go to my Y class...just wasn't in the mood. Instead I came home and trimmed, pulled a few weeds, and picked some green beans.

(note: Mom and Dad were babysitting my dog "Jada" while I was on a trip and she gets very homesick when we are gone.)

Jada refused to play outside, she just stayed on the step and waited to go back inside. After supper, I decided we would ALL go for a walk. While we couldn't get her to go out to play with us, just say "want to walk" and she whined until we had her on the leash. All 5 of us walked almost all the way to Joe's. (Mom, Dad, their two dogs and Jada) Your Dad and I shared our worst and best moments of the day. Later after we were inside, I was catching up on the old newspapers when I found an article about a really unlucky farmer. He was hit by lightening in 2006 and hasn't slept well since. He was outside on his farm in the middle of the night recently when he heard a noise and turned around to be knocked over and run over by a bear. His wrists were cut pretty bad. There was a stat included about how one was more likely to be mauled by a bear then hit by lightening. I cut the article out and posted it my fridge....your Dad and I decided our day wasn't so bad after all. Hope you can feel that way too. No blood was lost, we suffered no physical bruises, and I think we can all proclaim....."I'm not dead yet." (Monty Python reference) I might suggest... in your life, that when you feel "challenged" by keeping your frustrations under check with relatives that you refer to my favorite movie. Imagine that necklace of fruit loops, (a secret movie reference I cannot reveal or it would ruin our secret joke Reference) Or how about when the daughter reminds her mom to "just float" and remember that peaceful moment they shared on that special vacation, (Hope Floats reference). Take your pick. As the main character told her sister....we don't have to like each other...we are family. Love always....and remember to just float. Mom"
Sorry Mom, you write too well to hide it. For that reason and my lack of energy these days, your writing is my post tonight. If you keep them coming- I'll post them :-) Well, unless you begin to threaten me or worse...tell me you are disappointed in me! ;-P
Love you Mom thanks for listening the other day and for the unique way you have supported me along the way.

No comments:

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...