Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Yoga, Step, Lift and Run...Now I Can't Even Move My Thumb

I'm trying desperately to get back into half-marathon shape. It's amazing how in two years I've aged so much that running two miles doesn't come back as quickly after an absence as it did before. I feel like someone hid lead weight in my underwear! Wait, I think that might be my butt-thigh... Well, I have some sort of major exercise event everyday of the week, except for Sunday, but I would like to make Sunday's my distance day's for biking. Monday's and Wednesday's are Yoga with Grant and Death Step class (it's actually called step variety i think, but it should be renamed). Tuesday's and Thursday's are five miles running and wt. training class. Friday's are three miles running with sprints and or hill work. YUCK! Ted and I just signed up for a coast-to-coast biathlon at the YMCA where we have 8 weeks to run 100 miles and bike 200 miles. I figure that will keep me moving daily. I told myself that I am not allowed to spend anymore than two hours exercising everyday (separated- one in the morning hours and one in the afternoon/evening hours). I must admit my schedule works well with great weather. The boys love running around the WIU track and playing on the football field. The boys (Ted, Grant and Jake) sat in the bleachers the other day and gave me my very own cheering section in an empty field. They even did the wave while I was running!
I feel like I am in a time crunch because I will be working outside of the home in the blink of an eye and all of this life...free or not free, happy and sad, lonely and fulfilled, laughter and anger, overwhelmed and understimulated, whatever it may be...will be over. Another chapter finished and onto the next. I find myself scrambling to do all of the things I thought I should have done as a stay-at-home Mom, wife, unemployed individual...etc. I want to feel like I sent Grant off to Kindergarten totally prepared, not just normally prepared but exceptionally prepared. As I watched him read his first book the other day, I felt a calm come over me. Grant will do great in school. He is a great kid. I just hope he learns to stick up for himself with words and to not feel as if he is being rude in doing so. I want to make sure Jake is potty trained, learns his colors, ABC's, shapes, songs, and all of the things that I was able to teach Grant. I am rushing to get into the best shape ever so that when I do get a job all I will need to do is maintain that level. I am trying to get the house projections and designs done. I have most everything organized and ready to be moved.
Things are crazy, but they aren't overwhelming; Ted saves me from overwhelming; Amber saves me from overwhelming; Mom saves me from overwhelming....Things are fun right now. The boys are adventurous and wild, but fun. I do feel blessed. I really love my boys...Ted, Grant and Jake....I'm not sure I would ever want to get out of bed in the morning if it wasn't for our daily circus! I love you Boys!

No comments:

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...