Monday, May 31, 2010

Who needs pants anyway?

I love coming home to the farm to do the mowing, weedwacking, but also swinging on a swing I am too big for, scavenging through the barns for stuff I want to see, and climbing up the grain bins to see as far as the eye can see.
I love that I am able to take my pants off in the middle of the yard because I have something inside of them and not having to worry about people around, well, other than family. My family doesn't seem to mind, but you should have seen my husband's face as I stood there in my bright pink underware holding my jeans. "I took my pants off." I said. He said calmly, "I can see that." Oh, well, he knew me when he married me.

No comments:

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...