Saturday, May 29, 2010

Thankful things for Today

1) April Fresh Downey Laundry Sheets, but not for laundry: For the bottom of trash cans, window sills, dresser drawers, inside the pillow cases of your pillows, underneath your fitted sheets on the bed, stuck to the back of a fan((it pulls the smell through it and out the other side), in your car, good for dusting some things, inside your stinky shoes and so many more things!
2) OxyClean Max Force Power Paks- Super white, super clean, wonderful smell, they dissolve in the washer, such a novel idea
3) Method Multi-purpose spray cleaner in french lavender scent- when I am not using vinegar and water mixed with drops of essential oils, I use this-like right before people come over. It also seems to relax me, b/c of the lavender I think.
4) Time-out chairs that are high off the ground- bar stool/like: They will get sick of climbing down and running off faster than if thay can just stand up and run off.
5) Refrigerators that beep when you leave the door open: Great for when you have kids who leave the door open....ok great for me b/c I never shut it hard enough and it stays open until I hear the beep!
6) When your children get old enough to take showers and thus bathe by themselves: Hard for a mother who is a control freak and most certain that her child has not scrubbed appropriately, but when that second kid comes around its amazing how quick you just don't care if they choose to smell like a wet dog....GRANT!
7) Sprinklers: For when your children bathe on their own and you want some extra cleaning (WARNING: this may increase the smell of a wet dog)
8) Calluses on your hands- A reminder that I work hard, lift weights often and care about the right things.
9) Permanent stains from digging in the dirt on your hands- A reminder that I work hard, never grew out of playing in the dirt, that soap and scrub brushes can't get everything off and to be more lenient on the boys....
10) Smile/laugh lines: I love to see people who have smile and laugh lines. I love mine, I love yours, don't cover them up with make-up or botox or surgery, they show how happy you have been in your life.
11) Organized Races with T-shirts- My favorite so for has been the Cornapoolooza in Mendota and I got fourth in my age division. It was by corn fields and people came to see me run and the boys got to see me run for the first time ever. It felt great.
12) People who stand for something...anything...that nobody else stands for, meaning they are alone and still stand tall because they know in their heart that what they believe will set them free- Now that is bravery and courage in its finest form.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

you know that a box of baking soda will pull odors out of the house too...they are cheap and non toxic :)

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...