Saturday, October 9, 2010

Kidney Stone

As I sit here at my Dad's elevator waiting for the first grain truck to come through, (and it could be up to another hour), I will have to find something to occupy myself with. The unfortunate reminder of this physical pain I have been having lately is overwhelming my mind. The feelings of pain are getting closer and closer and this morning it dawned on me that it feels an awful lot like the beginnings of a kidney stone! Forgive me while I cuss...SH**! If you have ever had a kidney stone you feel like a pansy for any other time you complained about pain in your life, including labor. I have had two before. I feel like I am sitting here waiting to be shot. I am downing water and cranberry juice like I never have before. I am terrified. Seriously terrified. Another problem with kidney stones are that there is nothing doctors will do about them. If you get them on the weekend, which I have been so very lucky to have always done....they basically say over the phone...drink lots of water and cranberry juice. Then they will possibly prescribe you a antibiotic to ward off the possible infection caused by the stone scratching the urethra wall thus allowing bacteria to also invade. So then on top of a kidney stone you get a urinary tract infection which also happened to me both of the other times. Maybe other doctor's offices are nicer than ours....wait, I know other doctor's offices are nicer than ours. When the pain gets really bad I want someone to tranquilize me. Lord help me that I don't get stranded here at the elevator today with the kidney stone getting to the worst part. It happens suddenly and you can't do anything to stop it. I believe in emergency protocols. So as I sat here this morning I decided that if I get to that point I will simply call Mom and Dad and tell them I have to leave and then drive myself to the Monmouth urgent care. The worst part follows. The Monmouth Urgent Care Waiting Room is insanely full on the weekend. So I would have to wait forever to see the doctor anyway, even then I am not even sure those doctor's would do much of anything either. You just feel a fit of desperation when it hits and you have to do anything....anything you can to make it stop. Ok, I have to go pray for the rest of the day. Maybe you could pray for me too. I know any of you who have had a kidney stone.... already started praying without me having to tell you...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im praying for ya, btw the kids were great today! Feel better soon. :)

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...