Thursday, September 16, 2010

SELFISH MIGRAINE BEAST

What starts as a seemingly depressive day where my lethargy is quite unsettling to those who know me, it can turn worse in minutes. I could tell what was coming. I woke this morning desperate to hide under the bed and sleep. I just did not want to get up today. Then as I sat up and began to immediately move at the speed one must move at in order to get Grant off to school and then off to my care taking/cleaning job for the day; I felt like I was walking through a giant jello mold. And the internal pressure inside of my body needs some sort of documentation. I'm dizzy. The thought of food makes my vomit want to vomit. All day I just walked around inside the poorly rundown vehicle that my soul has been encapsulated in and wondered how I would get it (my body) to do what I needed it to do for me. I knew it was coming, but there wasn't anything I could do to stop it.
Hello Migraine you are my enemy. My hatred  towards you extends across relationships, college careers, homes, pregnancies, ups, downs, you have no mercy. I knew you were coming today my enemy, all because I was weak and made a mistake yesterday. I left the front door opened for you and you welcomed yourself inside so that you could settle down in my brain just perfectly. Don't get too comfortable. You will be leaving soon. That banging you hear? Oh, that is my head against the hard floor because it actually disperses the intensity of your pain and I can deal with that better than you. You are enough to make a person crazy. I hope you die you selfish migraine beast. The most I can hope for myself right now is to fall asleep.....right....

No comments:

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...