Sunday, February 7, 2010

Venting

I honestly wonder what it is about my personality that makes it physically impossible to keep my feelings inside. I have begun to feel as if I over-emote to compensate due to the general population and a standard of under-emoting. I think that loneliness also leads to over sharing when someone finally comes around to listen. I find myself in a constant state of wonder when it comes to balance and sanity in other peoples lives. Is their house a disaster when they don't expect company? Are their dirty dishes piled high.? Does their laundry overflow? Is there an odd smell coming from random places inside the home? Does it seem that they feel as if they can not ever catch a break.? Is this a concept that only parents of small children feel? Is this a concept that only people who have prioritization problems face? Is this something I am failing while the rest of the world stands back and wonders how I can be so bad at my job? If only I had one thing I was doing well at, maybe I could use that self-esteem to accomplish all of those other failures.
Tomorrow will be a better day.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

hey hon, just want to remind you God loves you and none of that really matters to him because he loves you because you are uniquely you. I love you too!

Unknown said...

Joanna Don't be so hard on yourself..You are amazing.. You do things I have no motivation to do, Like run.. I wanna run and have a nice body like you but I don't and that's my downfall. I have other things going on that mean more to me right now. You have finished your degree and I have to sacrifice and budget to fit it into my life. I am unmotivated to get out of bed in the morning and get the day started. I often wonder if I am depressed from my everyday life of being a married women who's husband is never really home. I am the one who gets to take care of a house and make it our home. I take care of the kids when they are sick. I have to be the iron fist in this house. It is tiring and I often feel as if I can't do this alone the rest of my life (seems Like). I do the house work that's never ending. My friends are my friends because they understand the life of a military wife. They know not to expect to come over and have utter quiet and cleanliness. My life seems like a work in progress all the time. When I don't feel like being mommy I tell the girls to call me by may name because mommy needs a break from stress. I live from pay check to pay check. My dishes (I do have a dish washer) they do pile up in the sink from time to time, the laundry gets outta control, and yeah the dog pees in the hallway because he gets made when I leave him home alone. So from time to time I do have a strange Oder lingering from somewhere, embarrassing I know. I am wonder women and get sick of it. But because Jim makes the ultimate sacrifice I manage and tend to put all my feelings and pain to the side and carry on. You are not failing so don't ever think of it that way. You have 2 amazing children who need you every day and they count on you to be there to do the motherly tings. Please keep smiling, and I always have an ear to listen. Life is what you make it..

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...