Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Little Girl Lost in Thought

Gentle breeze, slightly hot; little girl lost in thought

Picnic table, old tin roof; a mile from loves greatest proof

Great acceptance, loving grace; so much to offer in this place

Farmers spray, mowers trim; she really wants to be like him

Jolly soul, working hard; see him pull into the yard

Little church, loving people; all the heart beneath this steeple

Baseball field, faces beam; only girl on the team

Cousins so fun, off on a run; playing in the hot summer sun

The best French toast, hearts to mend; a grandmother who is my friend.

Teenage girl lost in thought; Worried about all the things she’s not

Strong beliefs, standing tall; not sure pain is worth it all

Fitting in, lots of fears, covering her shoulders with the tears

Daily pep talks, picking up; remembering a half full cup

Dreaming big, ambitions soars; life has opened many doors

Eighteen years, lost in thought, trying to hang on to all he taught

Me and Papa, stop for a treat; moving my things in the heat

A new home, scary newness; I wasn’t ever ready for this

Turned around, all alone; he had already left for home

Tiny ant, world of giants; came to fear the awkward silence.

Exercise: morning, noon, and night, thought it might help me fit in right

Better body, bigger chest, not sure why I wanted to be like the rest

Found a job saving lives, turned my focus outside my eyes

Ambulances, CPR, Emergency medicine,

Learned blessings in life are not about living with or without sin

Studied hard, never pleased, felt like my time was under siege

A life path filled with choreography leaves no room for you to be free.

Many majors, many goals; very few end up climbing out of these holes.

Picking jobs, planning your voice, why must there only be one choice?

Young woman, lost in thought, wondering why her most resent love was lost

Turned around, saw him there; deepest eyes and the darkest hair

In this bowling alley, he was there, can you really know so fast that a love was meant to last?

Secret phone call, nerves astound, often brought me to the ground.

First date was enchanting, second and third were more outstanding

Fell in love fast and deeply, gave my heart and soul completely

Sour patch kids, juggling, climbing trees, He was the missing piece of me,

In the park, a with a gazebo, music playing, lights and ring

On his knee, felt so right, it is does as I type tonight

This poem needs so much work and I want to add a few more stanza’s but I should be working on my to do list instead. This is simply a work in process, I just thought I would post some of it now. Anyone who knows me knows that by showing this unfinished and cluttered (rhythmically and chronologically), knows that I must be working on this wonderful concept called, “Letting it go”

Life is a race, don’t wanna win; all that means is it’s the end

Crazy kids, loud and hyper; I couldn’t change another diaper

No comments:

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...