Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Here Jo Goes

The following was written on Wednesday, November 17 th. 2010:
I'm leaving tomorrow for a faith retreat called Tres Dias (three days with God). I'm excited in that horribly terrified and nauseous kind of way. My sister-in-law and brother- in- law have been involved in this retreat for quite some time now. Every year they ask their family members to go, I have been hesitant in past years due to health issues, pregnancies, having babies to take care of, and plain stubbornness. I had a hard time ever wanting to leave the boys for such a long period of time. They are both old enough now that I know they will be fine if I am gone for five days.
The house plans have appeared to become hopeful once again- but I'm not saying anymore b/c I don't want to jinx it. We made some major cut-backs in the design due to the company making major changes in the last year and we had some serious talks with the builder. So maybe all is not lost in that area...I hope.
I am feeling like this retreat will be the perfect "something" for the perfect time in my life. I keep hearing the lines of this one song in my head- "If you want to be somebody else...change your mind." Although I have also been hearing the lyrics to the Taylor Swift song "Mean" and a song by a band called Nickle Creek entitled "Doubting Thomas". I sware if it were possible to have a continual sound track to our lives I would have no problem finding the songs to fit the moments in my life. If I were able to memorize everything else the way I can memorize song lyrics after hearing them one time- I would be,.... well....brilliant.

No comments:

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...