Thursday, November 4, 2010

Favorite Things Update

Lately I have been finding new things that have added quality to my life and as I have done before- thought I would share them with my readers. Even if no one reads them it’s nice to see the things I do enjoy in writing- in case I forget!

1) Wii Just Dance 2
2) Raising Hope
3) Fixing farm equipment by myself without having to ask for help- so satisfying
4) Ripping in a straight line- (some people call it tilling- my Dad calls it "ripping" or "tearing it up") In Dad's defense, we are a no-till farm to the best of our ability. But since corn has been planted in some of the fields for a couple of years in a row and has not been altered with beans like it had before- the nutrients need to be brought back up to the surface.... So, yes, we are doing some slight tilling.
5) Garlic infused olive oil

6) Annie's organic food products (haven't found one I haven't liked yet!)

7) New, sharp, unbroken crayons

8) Dressing in a costume- you can be anyone you want- (I would think that acting must be very personally gratifying)

9) Lunch with my Grandma- by myself- no kids- no one else, just me and her and secret conversation

10) Chatting online with my brother- if that's the only way I we converse these days I will soooooooo take it. I miss him in my life in the cheesiest way. How do you say to someone- hey- “I love talking to you so much that it hurts when we don't talk”? How do you say that and not sound like an idiot? Well, I guess I just said it didn't I? I'm not sure anyone else can make me laugh harder than him. Even when we are chatting online I am laughing so hard I'm crying- Ted was watching me do it last night and chuckling at the oddness of it all. I would pay for one day of Dan singing Jewel (perfect pitch), dancing the "Danno", making up pinky and the brain lines, doing physical comedy that in my opinion is so much better than Jim Carey and mastering sarcasm. Okay maybe even picking up a piece of ham and slapping me in the face with it.

11) Sarcasm- it really stinks when people don't know that I'm being sarcastic- it's rare but it happens. When sarcasm falls through it leaves you looking terribly ignorant. But when you can be around people who are also sarcastic and share your sense of humor- it is bliss!



12) My favorite blanket in the morning when it is freezing cold and the boys run over and crawl under it on the couch if even for only a couple minutes before we have to get ready.

13) People who smile at me

14) People who say what needs to be said- when it needs to be said

15) People who stop bullies in a non-violent way (how admirable) - I don't understand how anyone can ever defend the concept that violence should be dealt with by returning violence.

16) People who stand up for others

17) The people who make the right choice when no one is watching- like returning a $20 bill to the service desk in the store, or upholding your end of a contract and not trying to find your way around it and justifying your actions, giving anonymously...

18) People who treat their friends kindly, compassionately, and build them up- and never tear them down (I personally am so very lucky in this area)

19) Honey- The boys and I have a habit of wanting a spoonful of honey in the afternoon- odd but true. There is a local guy who makes the best local honey. I've never tasted better honey.

20) My North Face jacket now that I put all of the ski patches all over it. It seemed that everyone in this town had my "lucky jacket" and it was mostly the college kids. I just wanted to be different. I also felt like wearing a North Face jacket just because it was stylish was a bit clone style. Over half the people who wear those jackets don't even do outdoor sports. I got mine because I have skied since I was 8, been a ski instructor when I was 16 until I was in my twenties, and skied in various western resorts. I love to ski. I swear I'm not a poser. So, I had to make it show. I decided to sew patches from ski resorts on my North Face jacket kind of as a statement. Pretty sure about 2% of the population will even get it. It doesn't matter though- the jacket feels better now. I love it. It once again makes the jacket my "lucky jacket" again and that's good enough for me.

No comments:

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...