Friday, August 27, 2010

The Gift of "Grant"-ing

A young man in the church I belong to has been quite an inspiration to my life these days. He introduced me to his mother, whom I found complete acceptance through her love, kindness and humor. Their lack of judgement, and positive and optimistic attitudes are appealing. Yet,they do it without  
pretending they are only happy all of the time. They are exactly what you see. They don't hide anything. They are real. Real people amaze me (I'd like to say I am real) in that I find this place a lonely place to be. It's difficult when you admit your faults, admit you may be wrong at times, but are willing to do whatever it takes to remedy situations. Or when you feel you have been wrong you stand firm until the time comes to speak your words. Hopefully the thoughts are well thought through and less manic as they were when they first jumped inside your head. His mother raises this young man as I hope to raise my own children and I would have to say that she is a strong, beautiful soul inside and out. I can't imagine a man not falling head over heals for this amazing woman. Sorry though losers, she's married. I hope her sons and her husband realize how awesome she really is. While the oldest son whom I have grown very impressed with over the last few months has watched me deal with my own issues, he as been nothing sort of a friend. In fact the other day I was upset about the house not coming along as quickly as I would have liked and he sent me this e-mail. So I wanted to share it with you. He won't mind as they are simply quotes.
Great Quotes none the less:

Inspirational, uplifting, and supportive Quotes

The more difficulties one has to encounter, within and without, the more significant and the higher in inspiration his or hers life will be.
Horace Bushnell

Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.
Leon J. Suenes

The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.
Frank Loyd Wright

To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first.
Shakespeare

Go back a little to leap further.
John Clarke

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions.
Edgar Cayce

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
Walt Disney

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Japanese Proverb

When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.
Harriet Beecher Stowe

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn.
Author Unknown

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

We acquire the strength we have overcome.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Count the garden by the flowers, never by the leaves that fall. Count your life with smiles and not the tears that roll.
Author Unknown

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
Dr. Seuss

These are just a few of my favorite quotes that I thought might help you two in this tough time you're going through. Always remember anything is possible trough perseverance, faith, belief, and hope.

No comments:

“The Wisdom That Comes From Not Knowing”

I want to do spoken poetry.  I want to stand in front of children and tell a story with such theatrical illusionary magic and  dimension tha...